SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Semi-senior accountants can perform work on most small engagements. They may direct and review the work of staff accountants. They present pertinent information to the senior, engagement manager or partner and follow their advice. They are at the beginning stages of recognizing issues on engagements.
- Know and understand the firm’s policies and procedures.
- Possess technical knowledge sufficient to supervise staff accountants.
- Begin acquiring the skills necessary to develop quality client relationships and loyalty.
- Begin developing a command of pertinent IRC sections and regulations.
- Begin developing a command of pertinent financial statement pronouncements and regulations (SSARS, SAS, FASB, GASB, GAAP & PCAOB)
- Begin developing a proficiency at tax, accounting, and auditing research including knowledge of the reference sources available to the firm.
- Possess a working knowledge of firm technology, including the use of email, and the Internet; and the use of Microsoft Word and Excel, and firm tax preparation and time and billing software.
- Evaluate the performance of staff accountants.
- Assume responsibility for the supervision of tax return preparation engagements.
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time by engagement managers or partners.
- Involves work in the firm’s office or on the client’s premises. Work on the clients’ premises may require the use of the semi-senior accountant’s personal car.
- Moderate to low overtime required throughout the year. High level of overtime may be required to complete audit and tax engagements.
- Semi-senior accountants have a minimum of two to three years’ experience as a staff accountant (or equivalent experience as deemed appropriate by the partners).
Semi-Senior accountants are expected to develop professionally by:
- Passing the CPA exam.
- Participating in continuing professional education.
- Accepting additional responsibility.
- Representing the firm and promoting its image by attending local professional and business organization functions.
- Learning new technology the firm introduces into the work environment.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked to perform other assignments and duties. You will be evaluated in part based on your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The firm’s management has the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the firm may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.