Scott Young is a Partner at RotenbergMeril, with extensive knowledge of SEC filings and procedures including initial public offerings, mergers and acquisitions, comfort letters, communications with SEC staff, etc. Scott has over 33 years of experience in public accounting and has expertise in planning and coordinating engagements, reviewing and designing accounting systems and internal controls and review and preparation of income tax returns. Scott’s role in the firm includes managing SEC audit engagements, SEC Outsourcing engagements, technical review and quality review of the firm’s audit and accounting practice including assisting with the firm’s peer review, PCAOB review, and internal inspection programs. Scott has experience in industries including manufacturing, wholesale distribution, airlines, real estate, publishing, investment companies and service organizations.
- Managed the audits and reviews of smaller reporting companies filing with the SEC
- Managed the audits of IPO’s
- Assisting public companies with SEC comment letters and other SEC matters
- Prepared the financial statements and assisted with the preparation of various types of SEC filings
- Consulted with public filers regarding various SEC and GAAP issues
- Managed the audits of privately-held small and mid-sized businesses
Scott is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the New Jersey State Society of Certified Public Accountants. Scott holds a B.S. in Accounting from Fairleigh Dickinson University and a Master’s degree in Finance from New York University. Prior to joining RotenbergMeril, Scott was a senior audit manager with Miller Ellin & Company.